Ramon L. Clarete
- Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Multilateral Trade Policy, International Economics, Public Economics
Teaching, Research, and Other Positions (partial list)
- Professor, University of the Philippines School of Economics, 1989-present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada, 1985-1988
- Research Fellow, East-West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, June 1984-July 1985
- Chief-of-Party, USAID/Philippines Local Implementation of National Competitiveness for Economic Growth (LINC-EG project, nathan Associates, Inc., October 2008-present
- Chief-of-Party, USAID/Philippines Economic Modernization through Efficienct Reforms and Governance Enhancement (EMERGE), Nathan Associates, Inc., August 200-present
- Technical Director, EMERGE project, Nathan Associates, Inc., September 2004-August 2007
- “ASEAN-China Free Trade Area Agreement: The First Ten Years”. Commissioned by the Asian Development Bank for ASEAN Secretariat, 2010.
- “Assessment of the Role of the Public Sector in Rice and Maize Policy Reforms and Regional Cooperation for Improved Food Security in ASEAN”. Background paper for the public sector chapter of the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, and Food and Agriculture Organization (forthcoming). Trusting Trade and the Provate Sector: Policy Reforms, Private Investment in Food Supply Chains and Cross-Border Trade Facilitation. 2010.
- “Philippine National Single Window Mission Report”. Commissioned by the EU-supported Trade Related Technical Assistance Phase 2 (TRTA 2) for the Philippine Bureau of Customs national single window program. 2010.
- “Options for National Food Authority Reforms in the Philippines”. In Rashid, S., Gulati, A. and Cummings Jr., R. (eds.) From Parastatals to Private Trade: Lessons from Asian Agriculture. Baltimore: The John Hopkins University Press, 2008.
- “Ex-post Effects of Trade Liberalization in the Philippines”. In Laird, S. and Dernando de Cordoba, S. (eds.) Coping with Trade Reforms: A developing-Country Perspective on the WTO Industrial Tariff Negotiations. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006
View the CV here.