Toby Melissa C. Monsod
- Regional Economics, Housing Economics, Public Economics, Development Economics, Impact Evaluation
Articles in journals and books
- “Does judicial quality matter for firm performance?”, with Josemaria Gabriel V. Agregado and Jose Maria L. Marella, The Philippine Review of Economics, Volume LII No. 1, June 2015, pp. 77-94 (http://pre.econ.upd.edu.ph/index.php/pre/article/view/917 )
- “Time to let go of CARP? Not so fast”, with Sharon A. Piza, The Philippine Review of Economics, Volume LI No. 1, June 2014, pp. 19-27
- “Geography and human development in the Philippines”, theme chapter of the Philippine Human Development Report 2012/2013, Human Development Network (HDN), pp. 1-42 (http://hdn.org.ph/wp-content/uploads2013part1.pdf )
- “Human Development in ARMM: Trends and Prospects”, in Philippines Update 2012: Peace Prospects and Development Challenges in Mindanao (working title). Edited by Paul Hutchcroft (IPS, The Australian National University) (forthcoming)
- “Addressing the urban housing problem: does subsidizing homeownership best meet the housing needs of urban squatter households?” Asian Economic Papers, Fall 2011, Vol. 10, No. 3: 124–144. (http://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/ASEP_a_00096)
- “Is Government really solving the housing problem?” The Philippine Review of Economics, Vol. XLVIII No. 1, June 2011, pp. 125-146
- “Institutions, politics and human development”, with Emmanuel de Dios, theme chapter of the Philippine Human Development Report 2008/2009, HDN, pp. 1-57 (http://hdn.org.ph/forthcoming-philippine-human-development-report-institutions-and-politics;
- Philippines Progress Towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDG): geographical and political correlates of sub-national outcomes”, with Solita C. Monsod and Geoffrey Ducanes, Journal of Human Development, Vol. 5 No. 1 March 2004.
- “International and Intra-national Comparisons of Philippine Poverty”, with Solita C. Monsod, in Causes of Poverty, Myths, Facts & Policies (A Philippines Study), Balisacan & Fujisaki, Eds. University of the Philippines Press, 1999.
- “International and Intra-national Comparisons of Philippine Poverty”, with Solita C. Monsod, in Growth, Poverty and Income Inequality in the Philippines, Balisacan & Fujisaki, Eds. Institute for Developing Economies (IDE), Tokyo, 1998.
- Conceptual Framework for the Development of an Integrated Poverty Monitoring and Indicators System, co-author with Dr. Arsenio Balisacan, et. al. NEDA and UNDP Manila, 1998.
- “Social Reform: Doable But Not Done?” in The State and The Market: Essays on a Socially Oriented Philippine Economy, Filomena Sta. Ana, Ed., Action for Economic Reforms, 1998.
- Coordinator, Philippine Human Development Network, 2004-2005; 2009-2014
- Vice-Chairman, Department of Economics, and Chair, Undergraduate Studies, UPSE, 2010 – 2013
- Assistant Secretary of Trade and Industry and Chief of Staff, Department of Trade and Industry, GOP, 2000 – 2002
- Deputy Secretary-General, then Secretary General, Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council, GOP, 1998 – 1999