Latest Discussion Papers: (Click here to view more DPs.)
- (DP 2013-12) Shocks to Philippine households: Incidence, idiosyncrasy and impact – by Joseph J. Capuno, Aleli D. Kraft, Stella A. Quimbo and Carlos Antonio R. Tan, Jr.
- (DP 2013-11) Corporate Cash Holding in Asia – by Charles Yuji Horioka and Akiko Terada-Hagiwara
- (DP 2013-10) Why has Japan’s Massive Government Debt Not Wreaked Havoc (Yet)? – by Charles Yuji Horioka, Takaaki Nomoto, and Akiko Terada-Hagiwara
- (DP 2013-09) Salience and Cooperation Among Rational Egoists – by Raul V. Fabella
- (DP 2013-08) Moral Hazard and Cooperation in Competing Teams – by Raul V. Fabella
- (DP 2013-07) ‘Time Inconsistency’: The Phillips Curve Example (An Analysis for Intermediate Macroeconomics) – by Fidelina B. Natividad-Carlos
- (DP 2013-06) An Exercise on Discrete-Time Intertemporal Optimization – by Fidelina B. Natividad-Carlos
- (DP 2013-05) Does economic empowerment protect women against domestic violence? Evidence from the Philippines – by S. Quimbo and X. Javier
Upcoming Seminars, Lectures, & Forums (November – December 2013):
- December 6, 2013 (Friday) – 4:00 pm @ Room 114 – Mathematica as A Teaching Tool in Economics – by Dr. Rolando A. Danao, Professor Emeritus, University of the Philippines
- November 14, 2013 (Thu) – 4 pm @ Room 303 – Running Some Tests: Doctor-Patient Demographic Concordance, Communication and Diagnostic Test Orders – by Dr. Sophie Sam Joyce Singapore Management University
- November 15, 2013 – 9 am – 5:30 pm @ Intercontinental Hotel Manila – Special Friday Seminar at the 51st Annual Meeting of the Philippine Economic Society. Click here for the seminar topics. Visit the PES website for more details on the 51st Annual Meeting.
- November 22, 2013 – 4 pm @ Room 303 – Giving the BSP an Extra Mop: A Response to Short-Term Capital Inflows – by Dr. Raul V. Fabella, University of the Philippines
- November 29, 2013 – 4 pm @ Room 303 – The Euro Area: Recent Events and Prospects – by Dr. Lino Briguglio, University of Malta
Our seminars are open to the public and are brought to you by UPSE and PCED. For more info, please contact Ms. Gloria Lambino, UPSE Economics Research Center, at telephone no. 920-5465. For group attendance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
News & Announcements:
- Congratulations to Prof. Aleli Kraft, Awardee, UP Diliman Centennial Faculty Grant
- How Lupang Hinirang Ought to Be Sung: Joey Ayala at TEDxDiliman
- UPSE ranked 18th among institutions in non-OECD countries in terms of the significance of its research in health economics. Kudos to Orville Solon, Stella Alabastro-Quimbo, Joseph Capuno, and Aleli dela Paz-Kraft! Click here for more info.
- New course offerings for 2nd semester, AY 2013-2014: 1) Econ 275 – Natural Resource and Environmental Economics (by Drs. M. Ravago and J. Roumasset); 2) Econ 198 – Introduction to Political Economy (by Dr. J. Capuno); 3) Econ 298 – Household Economics (by Dr. C. Horioka); 4) Econ 198 – The Economics of Knowledge (by Dr. N. Poblador); 5) Econ 198 – Game Theory (by Dr. R. Balanquit); 6) Econ 198 – Financialization and Distortions of the Real Economy (by Dr. J. Villa); and 7) Econ 172 – Environmental Economics (By Dr. M. Ravago)
- PRE Update: The June 2013 issue is now off the press! To read the abstracts and for more information about the PRE, visit the PRE website.
- PH Economy: What are we doing right? Watch Rappler.com’s interview with NEDA Director General Arsenio M. Balisacan.
- A tribute to OD Corpuz: unconventional thinker by RVFabella; O.D. at the School of Economics by ES de Dios; Dr. Onofre D. Corpuz, a siginificant life by GPSicat; Dr. Onofre D. Corpuz, ex-UP head, National Scientist; 86