Latest Discussion Papers: (Click here to view more DPs.)
- (DP 2013-03) Deviant Behavior: A Century of Philippine Industrialization – by Emmanuel S. de Dios and Jeffrey G. Williamson
- (DP 2013-02) Skills, migration, and industrial structure in a dual economy – by Emmanuel S. de Dios
- (DP 2013-01) Stable Commitment in an Intertemporal Collusive Trade – by Romeo Balanquit
- (DP 2012-20) Consequences of withdrawal: Free condoms and birth rates in the Philippines – by J.M. Ian Salas
- (DP 2012-19) What Determines Trust? Human Capital vs. Social Institutions: Evidence from Manila and Moscow – by John V.C. Nye, Gregory Androuschak, Desiree Desierto, Garett Jones, and Maria Yudkevich
- (DP 2012-18) Reforming Institutions and Building Trust To Achieve Sustained Economic Development – by Desiree Desierto
Upcoming Seminars, Lectures, & Forums (May 2013):
- Investment Behavior of Firms in the Philippines – a seminar by Yurika Suzuki, Ph.D. Candidate, Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO, on 06 May 2013, Monday, 2:00 pm, Room 301, UPSE
Our seminars are open to the public and are brought to you by UPSE and PCED. For more info, please contact Ms. Gloria Lambino, UPSE Economics Research Center, at telephone no. 920-5465.
News & Announcements:
- To all incoming shiftees/transferees for AY 2013-2014: please read Advisory # 8 regarding Validation of Economics courses taken in other campuses
- 2013 Freshman Orientation slides - click here
- New course offering for 1st Semester AY 2013-2014 – Economics 198: Chinese Modern Economy
- List of Accepted Applicants for Shifting/Transfer, SY 2013-14
- The UP sa Halalan 2013 website – a system-wide project which seeks to promote clean, honest and empowering elections in the Philippines on 13 May 2013
- New course offering for 1st Semester AY 2013-2014 — Economics 298: Household economics
- A tribute to OD Corpuz: unconventional thinker by RVFabella; O.D. at the School of Economics by ES de Dios; Dr. Onofre D. Corpuz, a siginificant life by GPSicat; Dr. Onofre D. Corpuz, ex-UP head, National Scientist; 86
- Reform of Philippine Labor Policies – by Dr. Gerardo P. Sicat. This is the working text of the President Edgardo J. Angara Fellowship Lecture delivered on July 31, 2012 at the School of Economics, University of the Philippines. The lecture culminates the author’s work as Fellow.
- PRE Update: The December 2012 issue is now off the press! Click here to view the article titles. The latest releases of the Philippine Review of Economics (December 2010-June 2012) are now available. To read the abstracts of the issues’ articles and for more information about the PRE, visit the PRE website.